Get Ahead with Your Head with Icy Lin
Want to stand on your head but not sure where to start? Come join me in practising the king of all poses – Headstand! It is challenging yet grounding, stimulating yet soothing! Experience your world from a new upside-down perspective and get ahead in your practice!
Individual drop-in is available, but attendance in both sessions is encouraged.
Session 1: Saturday, 18 July 9:30am – 12:30pm
Introduction of Headstand
We will be focused on three areas to help you overcome the fear of seeing the world from an inverted perspective!
1. Physically: to build your total body strength to support the balance
- Upper extremity: shoulder and arm strength form the solid base
- Core power: abdominal and back muscles centre the weight distribution
- Lower extremity: hip and leg actions facilitate the balance
2. Mentally: developing your understanding of the alignment and introducing 4 ways to enter the headstand. Tri-pod headstand will also be covered.
- scissor legs
3. Emotionally: supporting you to let go of the fear of falling using wall, partner and props
Session 2: Saturday, 25 July 9:30am – 12:30pm
Further exploration of Headstand
Knowledge and techniques shared from the previous session will be revisited, and the safe ways to fall out of a headstand will be demonstrated for those who are ready to practise without the wall.
We will continue to develop your body’s spatial awareness during inverted poses as well as further improve your upper body strength and stability.
To move to the next level, I will introduce different variations involving legs, arms and spine rotation to make headstand practice even more fun!
Get Ahead on Your Head with Icy Lin
18 & 25 July
Total 6.0 hours
(Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 20% discount: HK$1,500 (ends 9 June)
(Non-Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 10% discount: HK$1,687 (ends 9 June)
Regular Price: HK$1,875
3 hours each
(Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 20% discount: HK$800 (ends 9 June)
(Non-Pure Cardholders) Early-bird 10% discount: HK$900 (ends 9 June)
Regular Price: HK$1,000
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for Pure marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 20% Discount:
- Early-Bird Discount ends 9 June 2020. Please see above for listed prices.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 9 June 2020.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
Special offer from Pure Apparel:
- 20% off all Pure Apparel retail products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on workshop dates. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact any Pure Yoga studios or see reception