PRANA JAGRITI TEACHER TRAINING IN YOGA AND MEDITATION A 4D TEACHER TRAINING WITH KAPIL RAJIV
17 April – 14 June
Prana Jagriti is “awakening of one’s life energy”. The practice of Yoga and Meditation helps in this awakening.
Correct practice of the techniques requires a proper understanding of the roots of the technique along with its correct execution. Philosophical and practical sides of the disciplines of Yoga and Meditation are linked together and complement each other, and better understanding of one helps the understanding of the other.
This committed and disciplined training programme:
- Gives students a comprehensive grasp of the knowledge and teachings of Yoga and Meditation
- Enlivens the philosophical concepts through relevant practice and experience
With the above purpose, the course is divided into 4 Dimensions:
Yoga Philosophy: Yoga Darshan
This dimension sheds light on the Yogic Vision of the Upanishads and the Vedic Tradition of Yoga covering the key principles and concepts of the knowledge of the Vedas and the Upanishads. It introduces all the different kinds of Yoga through philosophical and practical aspects.
This dimension focuses on Yoga teachings about the mind and its function. Also, practical Yogic ways of managing and controlling the mind with an understanding of the Yogic view of the human mind and personality.
Applied Yogic Science
Yoga as a science of preventive, curative and promotive modality of health and healing. Key principles and concepts of the teachings of Yoga and how they act as agents of health and healing will be explored.
This dimension looks at the practical side of the entire body of Yoga knowledge and introduces a vast array of Yogic practices for health, healing and uplifting.
The 4 Dimensions look at Yoga from a wholistic point of view and explores its application as both an art and a science of the body and mind, as an effective means of health management and therapy, and as a practical technique to uplift and expand our consciousness, harmonising the inner and outer dimensions of our personality.
It is a Teacher Training that provides a comprehensive understanding of Yoga and Meditation and their interconnectedness.
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
PURE Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programmes and teachers are internationally accredited, have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S and globally. Graduates of our programme are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
We offer this training in an effort to grow our community of committed yoga practitioners, empowering those who demonstrate dedication to a personal practice, by sharing the knowledge, skills and tools we have learned so they too can start teaching yoga.
We intend to guide trainees toward a healthy self-confidence, while at the same time invoking in them a sense of humility and excitement, knowing that they are at the beginning of a long journey.
For enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
YOGA PHILOSOPHY (30 hours)
Vedic Tradition of Yoga
Yogic key words and concepts
History of Yoga
Different kinds of Yoga
Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Mantra Yoga, Kundalini Yoga
Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
YOGA PSYCHOLOGY (30 hours)
Yogic Concept of Mind and Body
The Chakra System
The Mind and Personality
Personality Aspect of the Chakra System
Yogic View of Personality and its Evolvement
Raja Yoga Lifestyle Principles
The Karma Yoga Life
The Path of Bhakti
APPLIED YOGIC SCIENCE (YOGA THERAPY) (30 hours)
Concept of Health and Healing
Deep Rest and Relaxation
Meditation and Healing
The role of Asanas in Health and Healing
The role of Pranayama in Health and Healing
Yoga and Ayurveda
Ayurvedic Principles and Concept
Yogic and Ayurvedic Diet
Therapeutic Sequences of Common Modern Ailments
PRACTICE AND TEACHING (110 hours)
A total 108 practices of Yoga and Meditation will be covered in detail. The practices include Asanas (all the major groups of asanas) Pranayama, Mudras, Bandhas, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana. All practices will be taught with respect to:
1)How to do the practice
2)How to teach the practice, which encompasses Sanskrit names and their pronunciation, step-by-step instructions including anatomical cues and muscle engagement to move into and out of the practice, the duration of the practice, the script for the instructions.
Physical, Energetic, Mental benefits of the Practices
Contra Indications (Who should not do the practice)
Anatomical and Physiological emphasis along with injury preventions points
Sequencing and Designing class for different intentions, emphasis, results and experiences, including one-on-one, small groups, large classes and therapy.
An overview of the different styles in which these practices can be experienced i.e Alignment-based, Breath-based, Chakra-based, Yoga Therapy
Voice training and confidence building for Yoga and Meditation teachers
Emotion and energy management for Yoga and Meditation teachers
Effective and uplifting communication for Yoga and Meditation teachers
This course runs during weekends and public holidays from 7:00am to 7:00pm with breaks in between.
4.5 hours of lectures and 5.5 hours of technique, practice and teaching
17,18, 24 & 25 April
1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 29 & 30 May
5, 6, 12, 13, 14 June
Lectures, Discussion and Practice
Lectures, Discussion and Practice
Teaching, Technique and Practice
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student's primary support network.
Interested students must:
• Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
• Have a minimum of 12 months of regular yoga practice
• Be free of major injuries going into the programme
• Have a coachable attitude
• Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
• Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme
Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Practical Yoga Psychology by Dr Rishi Vivekananda
Four Chapters on freedom by Swami Satyananda
Perennial Psychology of Bhagavad Gita by Swami Rama
Meditation from the Tantras by Swami Satyananda
Yoga Darshan by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Kapil began his spiritual journey at the age of 14, with an interest to understand and control the mind. As he started experimenting with different techniques of controlling and relaxing the mind, his interest in meditation grew. This interest made him seek out books and his first spiritual readings included books by J. Krishnamurthi and Osho. Considering them his first teachers, Kapil began to practise the teachings of Krishnamurthi and Osho. As his practice grew so did his experience and this made the practice of meditation an integral part of his life.
Kapil completed his formal education in Hotel Management and started working in Hotel Sales. It was during this time that he took a decision to quit a rewarding career in Hotel Management and follow his main interest and passion and systematically study the workings of the human mind and meditation. Kapil completed a Master's in Yoga Psychology with a Gold Medal from the Bihar School of Yoga Munger under the guidance of Paramhamsa Swami Niranjananda Saraswati and other senior monks and teachers. It was there that he received his spiritual name Kapilmurti and was initiated into Karma Sanyas by Paramhamsa Swami Niranjananda Saraswati.
Kapil started teaching Yoga in 2001 in India. In 2010, Kapil joined Pure Yoga and is currently working as a Senior Yoga Instructor. Kapil draws from the timeless teachings of the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita and brings out the psychological relevance of Yoga. When he teaches asanas, Kapil emphasises the universal principles of alignment with an awareness of the breath to access the deeper dimensions of asana practice. His classes are filled with enthusiasm, energy and quiet moments of insight cultivation with a constant remembrance of the ultimate aim of Yoga.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Gold medallist, Topper – Yoga University, Bihar Yoga Bharati, Bihar, India
- Master’s degree in Yoga Psychology
- Graduated in Hospitality Management from the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK
- Graduated in Commerce from the Calcutta University, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
PRANA JAGRITI TEACHER TRAINING IN YOGA AND MEDITATION
A 4D TEACHER TRAINING WITH KAPIL RAJIV
YOGA AND MEDITATION ARE ONE
17 April – 14 June
Early-bird 20% off: HK$32,400 (ends 15 March)
Regular Price: HK$40,500
**Application is NOT required for Morning Intensive sign-up. Please register at any PURE Yoga studio reception
Morning Intensive Practice
7:00am – 9:00am
Full Morning Intensive Practice
Regular Price: HK$7,040
(HK$352 per session)
Any 10 sessions of Morning Intensive Practice
HK$4,440 (HK$440 per session)
You must confirm your 10 selected days upon registration
Morning Intensive Practice Drop-in
HK$550 per session
You must confirm your selected days upon registration
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.
Photos and video may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Please complete an online application form or email us to apply. You will be notified by email within 3-5 days of its approval along with a Welcome Letter outlining payment procedures and further details. Application is NOT required for Morning Intensives. Please register at studio reception.
Early-Bird Price: Application sent in on or before 15 March 2021.
Regular Price: Application sent in starting from 16 March 2021.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 16 March 2021.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
This programme requires a minimum of 10 students.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on training dates. Ask nood food staff at your event location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the training.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com
PURE Yoga Soundwill Plaza
24/f Soundwill Plaza
38 Russell Street
T 2790 2299
*If there is any discrepancy between the printed and web versions, the web version shall prevail.
Waiver of Liability
Your Physical Conditions and Safety
1. You understand that it is your responsibility to consult a physician regarding your ability to participate in the physical activities involved in the Training Course and that participating in the physical activities undertaken on the Training Course imposes physical demands upon you, and in particular you understand that the intensive nature of the yoga instruction provided on the Training Course, particularly in respect of hot yoga, will impose extra physical demands on you over and above those which you would experience, in a less intensive yoga practice session, or at cooler temperatures, and in lower humidity when engaging in any or comparable exercise.
2. You shall not participate in any of the physical activities on the Training Course whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illnesses, diseases or other ailments including but not limited to open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections, where there is any risk that such use or participation in such conditions may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical conditions of other participants in the Training Course; you will bring any such matters to the attention of staff of PURE if in any doubt.
3. If you are pregnant, under medication and/or suffering from or having suffered from any medical disability you are strongly advised to seek the advice of a qualified medical practitioner before commencing any of the physical activities available on the Training Course.
4. No person who is under the influence of drugs or of alcohol is permitted on the Training Course.
5. You acknowledge and voluntarily assume (i) your responsibility to assess your level of fitness and general health (including where appropriate consulting your physician or doctor) and (ii) the risks of serious injury that are associated with physical activity of any kind including any variety of yoga, meditation and breath work practice and participation in yoga related activities or activities related to the Training Course (collectively the "Activities") including those off studio or PURE Facilities premises. You confirm that you shall retain all control and direction over your Activities at all times. You voluntarily assume full liability and accept the risk of harm, including physical injury and discomfort as a result of your participation in the various Activities in the Training Course.
Limitation of Liability
1. You hereby acknowledge that you are aware that in participating in the physical activities available on the Training Course, and in using the facilities there are risks or possibility of injury.
2. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, PURE, its related corporations and their respective servants, agents, employees and officers (collectively referred to in this Clause 2 as the "PURE Entities") shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property or in respect of any bodily injuries, illness or death of you, howsoever caused, aggravated or incurred arising out of or in any way connected with your participation in the Training Course and other services.
3. You hereby acknowledge that you understand and voluntarily accept the risks of injury involved in your participation in the Training Course. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, you hereby agree the PURE Entities shall not be liable in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), pre-contract or other representations or otherwise out of or in connection with your participation in the Training Course, for any claims, demands, damages, economic loss (including without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), loss of good will or reputation, or special or indirect consequential losses in any case. You further agree not to hold the PURE Entities liable for any wilful act or omission, default, fraud or negligence of any other person or guest or third party within Pure operated facilities.
4. You hereby agree to defend, fully indemnify on demand and hold harmless the PURE Entities from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses including legal fees (on an indemnity basis) which the PURE Entities may suffer arising from any breach of these terms and conditions by you, or in connection with any act, omission, default, negligence or conduct of you in connection with any other liabilities arising out of you or any services under this Agreement. This obligation to indemnify Pure shall survive the termination of the Agreement.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions