Introduction to Yoga as Therapy with Marsha Bantigue
4 September The Centrium – Central
Scary statistic: A recent study found that yoga causes musculoskeletal pain in 10 percent of people and exacerbates 21 percent of existing injuries.
As the name suggests, this workshop is not a style of yoga. Instead, we’ll aim to understand the function and dysfunction of the human body to work more effectively within yoga.
This workshop builds on Marsha’s extensive training with Yoga Medicine® under Tiffany Cruikshank, a training system that raises the bar on what teachers need to understand about the body in order to teach their students effectively. This includes understanding anatomy plus the mechanics of human movement and injury, all tied together with the traditional practice of yoga.
We’ll focus on three key areas:
- The nervous system and how this hidden ‘ruler of the body and mind’ is the key to either a dysfunctional or functional yoga practice
- Fascia and use of myofascial release techniques within a yoga setting
- Range-of-motion (ROM) and how to optimise for activity on and off the mat
We’ll dive into the application and use of these techniques and incorporate them into a moderate vinyasa setting and restorative class. My goal is for you to leave with a deeper understanding that you can immediately apply to your own practice and active lifestyle.
4 September (Saturday)
2:00pm – 5:00pm
4 September (Saturday)
Total 3.0 hours
PURE Cardholder Early-Bird 20% Off:
HK$1,032 (10 August)
Non-PURE Cardholder Early-Bird 10% Off:
(Package includes 3 pcs massage ball with different size)
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
- Early-Bird Price: Application sent in on or before 10 August 2021.
- Regular Price: Application sent in starting 11 August 2021.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 11 August 2021.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- All applications for refund (medical & emergency reasons) must be made within 3 days after the event finishes.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on workshop dates. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact any PURE Yoga studio or see reception.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions