50 Hours Yoga Wheel Teacher Training: A Journey Through Anahata with Gopal Palanisamy
Yoga Wheel is a great way to explore Heart Openers. Opening the heart has physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual benefits. The heart chakra aligns with our ability to give and receive love. When it is closed or imbalanced, we find it difficult to feel love, compassion, grace, and peace. We may instead feel anger, grief, and bitterness. Yoga wheel practice can address the emotional blockages and heal the body more effectively. Practising Heart Opening poses may help you to feel and develop empathy, have patience in frustrating moments, and find equanimity.
One of the main reasons for this teacher training is to share the beautiful experience that Gopal felt when he used yoga wheel – the fun but also its nurturing of major body parts, especially the heart chakra. Safety in using this tool is essential. Gopal’s intention is to give a clear, step-by-step introduction, provide demonstrations of yoga wheel, and ensure that more people enjoy its benefits.
This 50-hour teacher training programme will benefit yoga practitioners who wish to advance or update their practice or teaching. It has been designed to assist practitioners in their discovery and exploration of different asanas (postures) using the yoga wheel, which enables deeper stretching and bodily extension. Participants can develop and enhance spine health, core stability, relaxed shoulders, scapula mobility, and improve their balancing, back-bending and inversion postures.
Whether you are a yoga practitioner, teacher, fitness instructor or sports enthusiast, come and enrich your yoga experience through yoga wheel. Graduates will receive a Yoga Alliance accredited certificate.
- Introduction to wheel
- Art of using wheel
- Exploring Asanas using wheel
- Heart Chakra
- Anatomy – spine and shoulders
You will learn
- How to safely teach variations & modifications
- How to incorporate other props like blanket, blocks and straps
- How to spot difficult asanas
- Alignment & adjustment
- Strength & conditioning
- Hip-openers, arm balances, inversions
- How to teach beginner to advance levels
- How to structure a class
- How to use yoga wheel for foundational & intermediate poses
- Concept of using yoga wheel
- Principles of teaching
- Safety & precaution standards
- How to break down a sequence
- How to prevent injury
- Alignment & adjustment
- How to start and close the class
You must be free from high blood pressure, any recent postnatal
or any surgery, any severe back pain and pregnancy.
1) Yoga teachers looking to enhance their teaching using yoga wheel
2) Yoga practitioners interested in exploring yoga wheel
3) Anyone with good intention and open heart to learn
12-27 February 2022
12&13, 19&20, 26&27 February
9am-1pm – Practice Session & Learning Techniques (Seq 1 Level 1)
2-5pm – Intro to wheel, Benefits and Importance of Wheel,
Limitations, Basic Principles, How to let go of fear from using wheel, Teaching Methodology
5-6pm – Pranayama, Q & A
9am-1 pm – Practice Session & Learning Techniques (Seq 2 Level 1)
2-5 pm – Illustration of Sun Salutation with wheel, How to use
wheel, Basic Anatomy, Teaching Methodology
5-6 pm – Yoga Nidra, Q & A
9am-1pm – Practice Session, Stability Seq Level 2 (Balance)
2-5 pm – How to Structure Class, Alignment & Adjustment, Explore twisting poses, Teaching Methodology, Safety and Precaution Standards
5-6 pm – Restorative, Q & A
9am-1pm – Practice Session (Shoulder & Chest Opening)
2-5pm – Art of Sequencing, Common mistakes, Alignment & Adjustment, Teaching Methodology, Sequence Breakdown, Exploring other props with Wheel
5-6pm – Self-Practice, Q & A
9am-1pm – Practice Session (Arm Balance & Inversion)
2-5pm – Level 2 Sequencing, Alignment & Adjustment, How to prevent injury
5-6pm – Teaching Methodology
6-7pm – Self-Practice. Q & A
9am-1pm – Practice Session (Shoulders, Hip Flexors, Arm Balance)
2-5pm – Teaching a short sequence
5-7pm – Yoga Wheel Demo, Certificate Distribution
12-27 February 2022
Total 50.0 hours
Super Early-bird: HK$7,500 (ends 15 December)
(PURE Cardholders) Early-bird 20% discount: HK$7,950 (ends 16 January )
(Non-PURE Cardholders) Early-bird 10% discount: HK$8,943 (ends 16 January)
Regular Price: HK$9,937
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Early-Bird 20% Discount:
- Early-Bird Discount ends 16 January 2022. Please see above for listed prices.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellation starting 17 January 2022.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
**All applications for refund (medical & emergency reasons) must be made within 3 days after the event finishes.
Healthy-licious juice cleanse offer from nood food:
- $200 discount on nood food 3-Day juice cleanse for all yoga event registrants on workshop dates. Ask nood food staff at your workshop location for details.
- 10% off all nood food items for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact any PURE Yoga studio or see reception.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions