200-Hour Hot 26 Yoga Teacher Training & Mentorship Programme with Almen Wong (200 小時高溫26式瑜伽老師培訓及指導計劃- 黃佩霞老師 親授)
15 March-21 April Starstreet Precinct – Wan Chai
This training is a unique experience that will prepare you to teach both 60-minute and 90-minute Hot 26 classes. You will also deepen your personal practice through the morning and evening intensives by challenging yourself physically and mentally on this truly transformative journey.
During posture clinics, we will work with a strong, effective dialogue of direct and accessible cues to lead students safely through this life-changing yoga series. You will learn about basic anatomy and alignment, and acquire all knowledge related to the 26 postures to become a caring and professional yoga teacher.
Training is taught in Chinese and English.
About Hot 26
A set sequence of 26 postures with 2 breathing exercises that is practised in a heated room. Each class will be conducted in the exact order that helps prepare the body for the next posture until the series of postures ends. This is a perfect sequence with plenty of benefits, whether you are a beginner or an experienced yoga student.
What to expect
Topics covered include yoga etiquette, basic anatomy, effective dialogue, posture alignment, safe adjustments, classroom teaching techniques and modifications that are related to the yoga system.
This bilingual training is taught in Chinese and English. Trainees will learn how to conduct a class with detailed and effective explanation as well as practise teaching each pose with simple and clear dialogue.
At the end of the training, trainees will have the confidence to teach a full class.
**Post-training, Almen will work additionally with individual trainees who wish to proceed to teaching.
Techniques, Training and Practice
- Breakdown of 26 Asanas
- Posture Clinic
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations as much as possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles
- Qualities of a teacher
- The student learning process
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
Anatomy and Physiology
- Human physical anatomy
- Common injuries
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Yoga philosophy
- Yoga lifestyle
- Diet and nutrition
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga
(Designer please create calendar)
15-17 & 22-24 March
28 March-2 April
5-10 & 16-21 April
9:30am-11:00am Morning Intensive
2:30pm-6pm Posture Clinic
6:00pm-7:00pm Evening Practice
(A total of 192 contact hours + 8 non-contact hours, 10 mentorship hours included)
**Morning & Evening Intensive Practice will be conducted in a heated room; lecture and posture clinic conducted in room temperature.
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice as well as the support of the student's primary support network.
Interested students must
- Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Have a minimum of 6 months of regular yoga practice
- Be free of major injuries going into the programme
- Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
- Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme
- First Bikram-trained Hong Kong Chinese teacher in Asia in 2002
- Co-Founder of PURE Group, helping to bring Hot Yoga to Asia
- Over 20 years of teaching experience
A familiar face in numerous fashion shows, magazines, movies, editorials and commercials since the 90s, Almen was Hong Kong's first Bikram-trained teacher and has been widely recognised for introducing Hot Yoga to the city and promoting yoga's numerous benefits to the public. When she first stepped on the mat, she found it to be the perfect complement to her previous hectic career as a successful model and actress. Now as a busy city dweller, Almen has learnt to cultivate patience and stillness on the mat.
Almen owes her practice and teaching to three very important teachers. Before studying with Baron Baptiste, Almen was a strict and serious teacher; but Baron taught her that yoga could be fun, light-hearted and soft. Paul Grilley helped Almen to understand anatomy and theories of Yin Yoga. She has developed greater awareness of muscular actions and more compassion towards people's challenges. David Swenson showed Almen how to make Ashtanga Yoga fun with modifications for people of different levels.
Almen's classes are fun, educational and challenging. Her teaching focuses a lot on alignment and she encourages students to always go back to the basics so they can build a strong foundation for more advanced practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Yin Yoga Anatomy: Yoga Alliance Teacher Training with Paul and Suzee Grilley (30 hours), 2011 & 2013
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with David Swenson, 2006
- Yin Yang Yoga Teacher Training with Sara Powers 2006
- Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 with Baron Baptiste, 2007
- Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 with Baron Baptiste, 2005
- Bikram Hot Yoga Teacher Training with Bikram Choudhury, 2002
- Workshops: David Life and Sharon Gannon, Shiva Rea, Mark Whitewell, John Friend, Ana Forest, Rodney Yee
Early-Bird Price – 10% off: HK$45,000 (ends 10 February)
Regular Price: HK$48,000
Full 24 days (36 hours): HK$8,100
One Part 12 days (18 hours): HK$4,050
1-session Drop-in (1.5 hours): HK$390
Full 24 days (24 hours): HK$5,400
One Part 12 days (12 hours): HK$3,000
1-session Drop-in (1 hour): HK$260
Photos and videos may be taken, solely for PURE marketing purposes.
Bilingual – Chinese and English
Maximum Number of Students
A maximum of 20 students
- Early-Bird Price: Applications to be sent in on or before 10 February 2024.
- Regular Price: Applications to be sent in starting 11 February 2024.
- No refund or credit will be given for cancellations starting 11 February 2024.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- A refund (only for medical and emergency reasons) must be made within 3 days with a valid proof after the event finishes.
Special Offer from nood food
10% off all nood food items or $5 off for all nood cold-pressed juices for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
Special Offer from KURIOS
15% off on all KURIOS regular-priced products for all yoga event registrants on dates of the workshop.
To register, please contact any PURE Yoga studio or see reception.
*Please refer here for the full terms & conditions